Friends of HEMP is advancing the hemp industry through education and opportunity.
Explore some of our current and past educational projects
Local Hemp Foods Cook-Off
- Hemp foods cook-offs help normalize hemp foods in the eyes of the public! Just like caffeine in soda fountains in the early 1900s
- We organize hemp foods-cook off to introduce hemp foods to local restaurants and the general community. Chefs cook-up creative dishes and the community tries those dishes and votes on Best Taste, Most Unique and Best Kid’s Menu Item.
- In 2016, we launched our first cook-off in Lexington in front of 130+ people.
- In 2017, we launched our second cook-off in Lexington in partnership with CRAVE Food + Music Festival in front of 20,000+ people
- In 2018, we continued to host the cook-off with CRAVE Food + Music Festival