Friends of Hemp is supportive of growing opportunities for the hemp industry, that’s why we have collaborated with the Hemp Feed Coalition.
The Hemp Feed Coalition is a diverse set of stakeholders whose mission is to increase hemp agricultural markets specifically by assisting the industry with ongoing efforts to submit hemp ingredients though the FAP (Food Additive Petition) process with the FDA-Center for Veterinary Medicine.
Hemp Feed Coalition Steering Committee & Industry Stakeholder Goals
- Organize and compile research
- Determine completed studies
- Define studies in progress
- Assess proposed research
- Identify qualified feed suppliers/set minimum standard nutritional value
- Fundraise to meet financial costs of completion and approval of the Food Additive Petition (FAP)
- FAP preparation & evaluation
- Response to evaluation – coordinate missing pieces/studies
- Apply for easy targets – companion pets, chicken
- Apply for new species once a body of data is compiled
Friends of Hemp and Hemp Feed Coalition would like to thank our donors for helping to progress this important initiative, in particular High Plains Nutrition, for taking the timely steps to initiate these goals to approve hemp seed oil as a feed ingredient.